Search This Blog

Monday, December 13, 2010

The Curious Plight of the Lost Subcontinental Man

Saturday afternoon Mum, Dad and I were in our room (E4) in the hostel when a subcontinental man walked in looking for W4. I tried to tell him to go to the reception (which was in another building) but he said he had already been there twice and didn't want to go round again.

Later I talked to Gemma and Jonathan, who where on Dad's laptop pre-writing blog stuff and e-mails, and they said that he had come to them asking for help finding his room. They had sent him to the reception area. Eventually someone came to help him so he found his room.

After dinner Gemma and I went from the reception area to our room and as we were walking past the enclosed parking lot next to the hostel the man poked his head out and asked us where the hostel was. We showed him where he hostel was and he went to his room.

The next day after breakfast he approached me while I was playing on my PSP. He asked me if it was a camera and then told me he was looking for a battery for his camera. He then spent the next 5 or 10 minutes trying to see if I would sell him any batteries, which of course I didn't have any.

I am glad to get rid of him after leaving Vienna!

1 comment:

  1. Very very strange, he sounds like a very wierd person, and I can't blame you for wanting to get rid of him.

    Congratulate Jonathan on his Harry Potter "Knowledge" for me.

    Alexander

    ReplyDelete